We are pleased to announce that for the seventh consecutive year, CrossPoint Nursery School has been selected for the Best of Harrisburg Award in the Preschools category. The Award Program recognizes outstanding local businesses throughout the country. Each year, the company identifies those they believe have achieved exceptional success in their local community.
Thank you to our Nursery School Team, families, and volunteers for making our program exceptional!!!
CrossPoint Nursery School was established as an outreach ministry of the Church to provide a Christian environment rich in experiences which meet the needs of the early childhood years. Through developmentally appropriate activities, we emphasize growth in all areas of development: spiritual, social, emotional, physical, and cognitive.
We are a Christian Nursery School established to:
- Cultivate a love and appreciation for God, by communicating His love through Jesus as we share exciting stories, songs, and in celebrating the Christian holidays throughout the year (i.e. Christmas and Easter)
- Provide activities that develop a positive self-image, and a sense of belonging. Your child is a special gift for God created uniquely and wonderfully by Him.
- Provide a safe, and secure environment where your child can learn and develop relationships of mutual trust and respect with adults and peers.
- Develop an excitement for learning and a curiosity about the world that will continue to grow as your child explores and discovers what God has made.
- Foster social interaction and emotional expression by providing large and small group activities as well as individual learning activities. Activities provided will develop confidence as a learner.
- Provide activities for self-expression, creativity, and imagination through art, music, dramatic play, and movement.
- Provide activities to develop fine motor and gross motor skills.
Follow the links below for your child’s current class newsletter and calendar:
Classes Offered ( Tuition rates for 2014 – 2015 – Updated 2/3/2014)
|3 Year OldsT-Th or W-F 9:30-12:00||$110/month|
|4 Year Olds|
|Pre-K Class (older 4’s, young 5’s)|
- Each class is taught by a certified teacher and an assistant teacher.
- We provide a curriculum based on the Christian faith in a positive, loving, learning environment.
- Our staff will share their faith in meaningful ways so that each child may know the love God has for them.
- We enroll 12-14 children per class.
- CrossPoint has an inclusive policy, accepting children with special needs.
- A daily snack is provided by the nursery school.
- Newsletters are sent home monthly to keep you informed of class activities.
- The Pre-K class has scheduled field trips throughout the year. Parents provide transportation.
Enrollment and Withdrawal
A non-refundable fee of $40.00 is required to secure enrollment. This fee will be used to purchase supplies throughout the year. Children are considered for enrollment on a first come/call basis, after children already attending our school are registered for the upcoming year. This is usually completed by the end of January and a registration form will be given to you after that time. If after registration, you decide that your child will not be attending, please notify the Director immediately so others on the waiting list may be notified.
Parents are always welcome to visit our school. (We do ask, though, that these visits take place after the first month of school as your child needs time to adjust).
A+ School Rewards
Our school participates in the GIANT A+ School Rewards Program. All you have to do is sign-up your bonus card at http://www.giantfoodstores.com/aplus/register-card/. Our school code is 02267. Each shopping trip at a participating GIANT store using your BONUSCARD earns CASH for our school! You can track the amount of points you earn for our school by checking your grocery receipt. Each month, the amount of CASH awarded will be updated on the GIANT website. Our school will receive a check at the end of the program. Taking just a minute of your time to designate can make a huge difference to our school. We need your support. Please be sure to designate CrossPoint Nursery School. Don’t forget to encourage your friends and relatives to do the same. (Please note you may designate up to two schools per household.)
Ink Jet Cartridge Recycling
Our school, with the help of a local recycling company has an ink jet recycling program. Empty inkjet cartridges can be recycled and remanufactured. Our school will receive money for each cartridge turned in. This will directly benefit our school.
You can help! Any cartridge with a print head can be recycled, regardless of brand or type. Do you have an HP, Lexmark, Xerox, Compaq, Samsung, Kodak, Canon or Apple printer? Bring in your empty cartridges (use a Ziploc bag to avoid ink spills) to the recycle box at the Nursery school Entrance.
CrossPoint Nursery School admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of it educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs or other school-administered programs.