Disciple Building is done best through LifeGroups. However, Education classes expose us to even more information and Bible study, usually on specific topics.
We are guided by two (2) basic Disciple Building Principles:
Principle I: Realize that people cannot understand truths unless God enables them.
Principle II: The ultimate goal of Christian Teaching is to draw people into a genuine, personal relationship with God.
Education in the Word is very important here at CrossPoint. We look for four (4) basic outcomes to measure our success:
- Students will trust in Jesus For I gave them the words You gave Me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from You, and they believed that You sent Me. John 17:8
- Students will obey God’s Word I have revealed You to those whom You gave Me out of the world. They were yours; You gave them to Me and they have obeyed your word. John 17:6
- Students will recognize that everything we have comes from God Now they know that everything You have given Me comes from You. John 17:7
- Our teaching will bring glory to God I have brought You glory on earth by completing the work You gave Me to do. John 17:4
Foundation Class (also New Member): Who is God? Who is CrossPoint? (also used as our Membership Class); join November 23, 2014, May 10, 2015, or November 22, 2015
- Sundays, September 21 – November 9 Includes Confirmation
- Wednesdays, February 25 – April 29 (off April 1 for Holy Week)
- Sundays, September 20 – November 15
Baptism: Developmental Stages and the Sacrament; Sundays: November 23, January 11, 2015, May 10, August 30, November 22; Classes to be taken before baptism of infants and children:
- November 2, 9, 16
- Sunday, January 4; 12:30 – 3:00
- Wednesdays, April 22, 29, May 6
- Sunday August 23 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Sundays, November 1, 8, 15, 2015
Hit Your S.T.R.I.D.E. (Spiritual Gifts, Talents, Resources, Individuality, Dreams, Experiences).
- Wednesdays, October 1 – November 12
- Saturday, May 2 and Sunday, May 3
- Week of September 27, 2015
5 Habits of a Disciple (Daily Time in God’s Word and Prayer, Fellowship – small group, Tithing, Fasting)
- Wednesdays, January 4 – February 12; 6:30 – 8:00 @South Hanover, Perking Point Café (if confirmed)
On a Mission (to be announced)
Wednesdays September 17 – November 19@Colonial Park
Dave’s Class (TBA)
Wednesdays January 7 – February 11
Sunday Morning Education for Adults (9:15-10:30 AM) @ Colonial Park Campus:
Through the Bible we are directed to learn scripture; to place them in our heart; to apply the word to our lives; and to spread the Word throughout the world. One place to study the essence of God’s Word is in Sunday morning Adult Education. While lasting relationships will be built in a small group setting, education happens in class. Every person is encouraged to take one or two courses a year in one venue or another.
|Bible Stories for Adults||Led by George Vujasin||Room 102|
|Disciples Class||Led by Kent Wyatt, Bob Frey, Dave Weiser and Dick Boardman||Room 212|
|Faith Builders||Led by Andrea Mason, Paula Kennedy, Lisa Thatch and Katrina Fry||Lower level of the Colonial Park Annex|
|Cross Examiners||Currently studying the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis||Room 208|
|Stewards’ Class||Led by Jim Dietrich||Room 207|
|Truthseekers||Led by Trace Vindich, Scott Gebhardt and Keith Brady||Colonial Park Annex Main Gathering|