Where are you called to serve in Ministry?
We are each called to serve in some ministry inside or outside the church, but where to serve? God has given you a unique SHAPE for ministry.
What is SHAPE?
- Spiritual gifts—The Bible tells us that each person is uniquely gifted for ministry and that these gifts are necessary to work together in the ministry of the church. What gifts has God given you to serve the Body of Christ? Don’t know where to begin? You can see a list of gifts here and take an online assessment to determine the area(s) you are gifted in.
- Heart—What do you love to do?
- Abilities—What natural talents and skills do you have?
- Personality—Where does your personality best suit you to serve?
- Experiences—What experiences have I had that may lead me to serve in a certain area?
Ways to determine your SHAPE:
- Ask yourself the questions listed above. Take the online assessment. Write your answers. Do you see a pattern?
- Try serving in an area that interests you. Experiment with a First Serve ministry.
- Take the Membership Class.
- Schedule a chat with a member of the Equipping Ministry Team.
How Can I Serve?
Want to get involved? What are you interested in? When are you available? We call areas of ministry you can get involved with First Serve, which include:
- Worship and Arts
- Ministries for Children and Youth
- Education for Adults
- Special Needs Ministries
- Prayer and Care Ministries
- Missions and Outreach
- Equipping for Ministry
- Facilities and administrative Support
You can be pulled in and be active but not effective. We want to make sure you are effective in ministry. When you serve according to your SHAPE, you are fulfilled and are energized. When you do not serve according to your SHAPE, you are drained. Sometimes we are asked to serve in ways that do not fit our SHAPE, but that is short term, not a long-term, ministry.
To get connected, contact the church office at (717) 545-1911 or E-mail here.